Completing the I-9 Form
The new hire will complete section one of the form in the applicant portal. Once this has been completed, it is the responsibility of the manager to complete section two.
To start completing section two, click the "Jump To" menu, then the green "Hire" button, followed by "Onboarding."
Not sure if the applicant has completed section one yet? Check out the article on tracking onboarding tasks and forms.
Completing Section Two
- Click the applicant's name to expand their details.
- Select I-9 from the "Things you can do menu".
- Review the information in section one and make sure it is correct.
- If the information is not correct, do not proceed. You will need to go into the "Forms" section and undo section one of the I-9 so the employee can redo the form.
- If all of the information is accurate, then click the "Next" button at the bottom of the page.
Identity and Employment Authorization Documents
- Select the radio button next to either List A OR a combination of BOTH List B and List C.
- Select the document type from the drop down menu. Required fields for the document will be highlighted.
- Enter the employees first day of work.
- Enter your name in the fields provided for the Employer or Authorized Representative.
- Check to ensure your title and store location information is correct.
- Enter your talentReef login password and then click "Digitally Sign". Your digital signature will appear in the spot designated for the manager signature.
- Select "Finish" to complete the I-9
- The page will close and redirect you back to the Employee Details page.
Did you find this article helpful?